The Top 10 Cyber Risk Manufacturing Questions Board Members Should Be Asking
What are the top 10 Cyber Risk Manufacturing questions board members should be asking? According to a cyber risk in advanced manufacturing study led by Deloitte’s Center for Industry Insights, nearly half of the executives surveyed lack confidence that they are protected from external threats. The study offers manufacturers insights into what they should do to be secure, vigilant, and resilient in addressing cyber risk.
- How do we demonstrate due diligence, ownership, and effective management of cyber risk? Are risk maps developed to show the current risk profile, as well as timely identifying emerging risks we should get ahead of?
- Do we have the right leadership and organizational talent? Beyond enterprise systems, who is leading key cyber initiatives related to ICS and connected products?
- Have we established an appropriate cyber risk escalation framework that includes our risk appetite and reporting thresholds?
- Are we focused on, and investing in, the right things? And, if so, how do we evaluate and measure the results of our decisions?
- How do our cyber risk program and capabilities align to industry standards and peer organizations?
- How do our awareness programs create cyber-focused mindset and cyber-conscious culture organization wide? Are awareness programs tailored to address special considerations for high-risk employee groups handling sensitive intellectual property, ICS, or connected products?
- What have we done to protect the organization against third-party cyber risks?
- Can we rapidly contain damages and mobilize response resources when a cyber incident occurs? How is our cyber incident response plan tailored to address the unique risks in ICS and connected products?
- How do we evaluate the effectiveness of our organization’s cyber risk program?
- Are we a strong and secure link in the highly connected ecosystems in which we operate?
Velta Technology specializes in Digital Safety and Cybersecurity for the industrial space. We understand industrial assets and infrastructure and bridge the gap between Industrial IoT initiatives and OT/IT convergence.
The Velta Technology team is comprised of multi-disciplinary industrial manufacturing and critical infrastructure experts. We understand the differences between industrial and IT infrastructures as well as the difference in toolsets required to secure them.
Our partnerships with leading solution providers in the industrial space allow us to integrate cybersecurity solutions with existing technologies. We bridge the gap in expertise and understanding from industrial assets on the plant floor across to the enterprise.
Get in touch with us today to discuss steps to secure your Operational Technology and Industrial Control Systems. Take steps to discover your vulnerabilities before you experience a cyber event that damages your organization and/or your reputation.